The first meeting of the joint committee to study the issues relevant to the celebration of Al Madinah Al Munawwarah capital of Islamic culture for 2013 in the (ISESCO) permanent headquarter in Rabat on Tuesday, eleventh of July 2013 A.D.
A delegation from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia formed of His Excellency Faisal Bin Abdul Rahman Bin Muamar, the consultant of the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques, the General Secretary of Interreligious Dialogue, His Excellency Dr. Naser Bin Saleh Al Hujailan, the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Culture and Information for the Cultural Affairs, Dr. Salah Bin Abdul Aziz Salamah, the Deputy of the Secretary General of the occasion of Al Madinah Al Munawwarah capital of Islamic culture, and a number of the officials in the Ministry of Culture and Information and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. A delegation from (ISESCO), chaired by His Excellency Dr. Abdul Aziz Al Tuweigry the General Manager of ISESCO organization, contributed.
The proceedings of this meeting were launched by the speech of His Excellency Dr. Abdul Aziz Al Tuweigry the General Manager of ISESCO organization in which he welcomed the attendees, and he confirmed the importance of this meeting, and ensured that (ISESCO) will provide what it deems appropriate in the way of the success of the celebration in Al Madinah Al Munawwarah which has a special status in the Islamic world.
He eulogized the efforts of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in sustaining the Islamic work and disseminating the message of Islam and the service of the Islamic work. He stressed his confidence in the efforts synergy for the success of this occasion in a away appropriate to the status of Al Madinah Al Munawwarah and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the Islamic world.
Afterwards, His Excellency Mr. Faisal Bin Muamar the General Secretary of King Abdullah Center of Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue thanked the organization and pinpointed the importance of the celebration due to the status of Al Madinah in the Kingdom and the Islamic world. He invited all the cultural institutions in the Kingdom to pay an interest to this celebration in all domains to be in the best form that befits the status of Al Madinah Al Munawwarah.
He stressed that King Abdul Aziz library will direct all its efforts for this event in the coming year and that King Abdullah Center of Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue shall contribute in the capital events and it is ready to cooperate at the personal or official level for the service of the events of Al Madinah is the capital of culture and that it shall submit a proposal on the contribution of the center in the events.
Then, His Excellency the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Culture and Information Dr. Naser Al Hujailan expressed the greetings of His Excellency Dr. Abdul Aziz Bin Mohey Al Deen Khojah the Ministry of Culture and Information, and he stated that the Ministry works on taking all the means for the success of the event, and that there is a harmony among the proposed programs but in need to be discussed and particularly regarding the place, and the Ministry will develop the plans and programs in coordination with ISESCO organization and confirmed the necessity of the coordinating meetings in this regard. Then, His Excellency Mr. Yousuf Bin Muhammad Al Dobaiey the representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs affirmed the necessity of sending the names of the contributors in the events from outside the Kingdom to the Ministry in enough time to be sent to the embassies and making sure of them to issue the requisite visas.
Then, His Excellency Dr. Salah Bin Abdul Aziz Salamh the Deputy of the General Secretary of the celebration expressed His thanks and appreciation to the General Manager of the organization for the good receipt, and expressed the greetings of His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Majid Bin Abdul Aziz, Prince of Al Madinah Al Munawwarah Region and the Chairman of the Higher Committee of the celebration for all the contributors. Then, a complete presentation on the preparatory framework of the occasion of selecting Al Madinah Al Munawwarah as a capital of the Islamic culture was offered, starting by mentioning some of the private and general targets of the occasion, then displaying all the work stages made by the Islamic University which was assuming the General Secretary of the events, then the approval of His Royal Highness Prince Salman Bin Abdul Aziz, Chairman of Board of Al Madinah Research and Studies Center based on the proposal of His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Majid, the Prince of Al Madinah Al Munawwarah and the Chairman of the Higher Committee of the occasion that Al Madinah Research and Studies Center takes over organizing the proceedings of the occasion and its General Secretary. Accordingly, the Center embarked on forming the committees and preparing for the occasion. As well, the most significant committees and its tasks were reviewed, the contributing authorities and, finally cooperation with ISESCO was welcomed in implementing the activities and programs of the celebration and making use of its experiences, and all the proposals and recommendations of this meetings will be reviewed by His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Majid Bin Abdul Aziz, the Prince of Al Madinah Al Munawwarah Region and the Head of the Higher Committee of the events of Al Madinah is the capital of the Islamic Culture and it will be the focus of attention.
Then, the proceedings of meeting began as per its prepared program, hence, some of the proposals relevant to the celebrations of Al Madinah capital of Islamic Culture, and the most important subject-matters are:
1. A list of the proposed activities was submitted for implementation in the framework of the participation on ISESCO in celebrating Al Madinah Al Munawwarah as the capital of Islamic culture of 2013 A.D. More details on these activities were requested to be reviewed by His Royal Highness Abdul Aziz Bin Majid Bin Abdul Aziz to express his opinion regarding them.
2. The necessity of highlighting the monumental landmarks was proposed through the occasion, and shedding light upon all the scientific institutions in Al Madinah Al Munawwarah and unraveling the bright aspects in the history of Al Madinah Al Munawwarah generally and the cultural sides particularly.
3. The necessity of developing a general perception of the goals and purposes of the celebration and civilized accomplishments desired from the programs and activities and specifying the means directed regarding this celebration.
4. A proposal by the Union of the Universities of the Islamic World was submitted expressing their wish to participate in the celebration by holding a conference in Al Madinah Al Munawwarah.
5. Adoption of moderation message in Islam and values of tolerance, dialogue, and peace in the celebration activities was proposed, and providing the correct image of the Islamic culture.
6. Then, an invitation was sent to His Excellency the Manager of the Organization to attend the first meeting of the Higher Committee in Al Madinah Al Munawwarah, and His Excellency expressed his happiness with this invitation, and he said that our role in the organization is to appoint the General Secretariat and we are not hesitant to be with you in all events and occasions, and that ISESCO is at your disposal and we shall provide you with the experiences of the other capitals.
7. Conducting a workshop was proposed with the participation of relevant experts to set the goals of the project and its local, Islamic, and international message.
8. King Abdullah Center for Interreligious Dialogue has an excellent plan on the occasion and they wish to provide us with it.
9. Proposal of making use of “ Mosques to which People Travel” Fair which was held in Turkey by the Ministry of Education.
10. King Fahd Library has a collection of books on Al Madinah Al Munawwarah by which it will participate in the events.
11. His Excellency the Manager of the Organization that ISESCO will bear all the costs of its activities. Also, His Excellency the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Information said that the Ministry will also bear all the costs of the programs and activities to be held by the Ministry in the celebration.
12. A proposal was submitted by the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Information of the necessity of joining of His Excellency the General Manager of ISESCO Dr. Abdul Aziz Bin Othman Al Tuweigry, General Secretary of King Abdullah Center of Interreligious Dialogue Dr. Faisal Bin Abdul Rahman Bin Muamar to the membership of event’s Higher Committee. Coordination has been made with the organization on proposing effective legal personality with no orientations to be hosted in the events.
13. It has been coordinated with ISESCO to suggest a list of names of effective moral personalities, which known to have no deviation, to be hosted within the running events.
14. The Deputy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs proposed requesting the Ministry to generalize the logo of the occasion to the embassies to be placed on its publications and announcing the occasion in the capitals of the Islamic countries appropriately.
15. ISESCO organization requested to be provided by a scientific material on Al Madinah Al Munawwarah and the occasion to be placed in the website of ISESCO.
16. It is proposed that all authorities that wish to contribute in the celebrations to bear the costs of its activities and programs.
17. Dr. Ahmad Said Weld Abah, the Manager of Foreign Relations in ISESCO to be the contact point between the Organization and the Secretariat.